Sunday, 27 May 2012

Highlighters - Mini reviews.

(Please click on the image to make them bigger) 




NARS - The multiple - Luxor - £30

This leaves a frosty, soft pink highlight to your skin. I'm not really fond of this high light though. It's okay for in the summer, because the product becomes more soft, and it's more easy to blend. You do get a lot in for your money. I personally wouldn't buy this again. I actually like the Topshop dupe more than NARS. This wouldn't look good on every skin tone. If you have darker skin, I think you should go for a colour like South Beach.


(Swatch of NARS luxor)


Topshop - Cheeks - Luminescence - £10

I use this as a blusher over a highlight. I'm loving this right now as a blusher. I wouldn't use it as a high light though. I think it's too pink for a high light. If I wore this as a blusher, I'd wear my MAC Mineralized Skinfinish, because it has a light shade of pink to it, which looks amazing with this. I would buy this again. You get 8g's of product in it, which I think good for the amount spend. I think it'll take me a long time to use all of the product up. They have other shades of colours which I really want to try!


(Swatch of Topshop  Luminescence)


Collection 2000 - Shimmer and Shade - Way to glow - £4

I do love the colour range! I think it's got a colour for every shade you could need...Saying that, I don't use this often. I don't think it has a lot of shine to it, so if you want an understated highlight this is perfect. I don't think I'll buy this again. If the shine was better, I'd use it a lot more. I'll use it if I want my highlight more understated though.




(From left to right - Bottom left, top left, top right, bottom right.)


Jemma kidd, highlight creme - Part of the dual illuminator in Champagne - £15

£15 may seem like a lot, but it does come with a shimmer dust. I don't actually use either of these. It is a beautiful high light, but I would favor other products over this. This is more goldie, and shiny than the Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Creme. I think if you're looking for a duo, this is so perfect! I do think I overlook this product a lot. I'm going to try it over summer with a bronzer, as I don't think gold will go with my pinkie blushers.


(Swatch of Jemma Kidd)


Mac Mineralize skinfinish in Redhead £32

I'm pretty sure this product is discontinued. I bought it on a blog sale. At first I was unsure, but I LOVE it! This is my go to highlight. It does have different shades so you can pink from a very light pink, to a darker shade. It's so beautiful. I use it all the time now, and I think because I do, I overlook other products. I don't wear make up unless I'm going out, and when I do go out, I normally wear my go to products (I just change my lipstick, and sometimes blusher). 


(Swatch of Mac) 


Techinc - High Lights - £3

I did actually have Benefits High Beam, but I sold it, and I'm now using this. I think it's a perfect dupe. This is my second favorite. I go between MAC and this. I think it's amazing. It has a very very slight pink to it. I don't think it's worth the benefit price, but for Technic's price, I love it! I have 4 bottles of it. The applicator is a bit funny. I put it on the back of my hand, and use my finger to blend it in. I will buy again, when I need to...


(Swatch of Technic) 

No comments:

Post a Comment