Sunday, 17 June 2012

Revlon ColorStay Review


Revlon ColorStay in Normal - Dry Skin - Shade 150 Buff

This product is also available in Normal - Oily skin

Every since buying this product on the 12th of June I've been wearing it everyday to test it out.


There are elements of this product I love, and dislike, but nothing I hate. The product comes in a glass bottle, which I don't dislike, or love. The lid is a normal screw cap one. I'm not fond of this, I do like pumps more. To get this product out, I shake the bottle, remove the lid, and just use the product in the lid. I have to shake the bottle 2 - 3 times to get enough to cover my face.

This product has SPF 15 in it, which is great for summer, not so great for if you're having a lot of flash photography. The shade is perfect for my skin tone, it looks so natural! Saying that, it's half matte, but it still makes the skin look so natural.

You do have to blend this into your skin as soon as you put it on, as it does dry very quickly.

The reason I LOVE this product, is because yesterday, during horrible rain and wind, it stayed all day. It lasted 6hrs, before I removed it for the rest of the evening,  I don't have to apply it again during the day, as it stayed for as long as I wanted it to.

Why I dislike this product...It isn't good for dry skin! I do apply my Nivea, then use my Body Shop Vitamin E face mist, then I apply the product, and spray the face mist again, as it does pick up a very small amount of dry skin. I do apply powder after this product, put that's because I have an oily forehead and I want my face to be an even colour. While using Chanel and Bourjois it hasn't picked up any of my dry skin, and I haven't worried about it.

I think having to use a bit more face mist is a small price to pay for how long the product stays, and the finish it gives.

I'm going to keep using this product. I really love it. I do have red cheeks, and this gets rid of it for the full day, and I don't have to worry about it again.

I will buy this again because it does great things for my skin, once you apply face mist ofc.


-C xo


No comments:

Post a Comment